- 5Ks happen on Thanksgiving! Is this an American way of justifying gluttony?? I like my
piecheesecake, so I ran one--- Didn't come near cracking the top three, but I had a good race (report coming soon), and had a GREAT time playing with my boys afterwards at a swim park. Much needed fun together!
- This is a week off of running for me. FIRST time I have ever scheduled a week off (not counting after a marathon- but that has never been more than 6 days). Really, I have no idea if I can even make it that long. In the last few months I have been running steadily 6-7 days a week, but about 8 runs a week.
- I plan to spend some time on my bike and took the boys for a ride today, (oldest on his bike, two youngest in a trailer). Five miles on a bike is just not enough to satisfy my adrenaline addiction! Still, I was thankful for a chance to get outdoors with NO rain.
Have I mentioned it's been wet in western Oregon? This part of Dorris Ranch is closed off until further notice.
- Looking at a possible winter trail race...Crazy people do that type of thing, don't they?
- Thanksgiving here was an AWESOME, multi-family feast. Our contributions were green bean casserole, rolls, 2 cheesecakes (chocolate/coffee & sour cream w/blackberry), and a veggie tray. My proudest moment was when my oldest son read his half-page report about why the Pilgrims came to Plymouth. God has been so good to us this year, and always.
- There is going to be a giveaway here soon. I've never done one before, so I'm kind of excited about it!
- I am on twitter now @Raina_runs. Please come find me!!!! Help me figure out what I am doing? J
Have you ever taken a scheduled run break?
What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish?
Did you race in a Turkey trot or other Thanksgiving race?