Would you wear this if it made you run faster?
|(Photo from Google)|
- This guy may be setting a new trend in running fashion. I would wear the black mask (and maybe a rainbow clown wig) if I knew I could go sub 40 in the 10K!!...Not likely this next race, but with the recent air quality around these parts, I might not need much to persuade me to dress like Zorro- or a bank robber! (I might even shave my legs! I do have my limits though, so expect me to keep my clothes on.)
- Recent email discussions have me considering more closely which races I enter. I am not sure why, but in certain UPPER MIDWESTERN states they give out big bucks for age group wins!!. Ore, if you are super lucky, they give away fishing packages. Not here. Here we raffle the prizes at most races, or there are no prizes because all the proceeds go to charity.
- (Sidenote: I have no issues with charity races- I just need to increase my raffle chances so I can recoup some shoe money. )
- I was considering a July half marathon recently, but scratched it off the list because there were no prizes. Not even a raffle. Is this a bad approach? I also thought about the recovery time needed...
Q: What's the best thing you have ever won at a race?
- The littlest boy had a birthday this last weekend (and I am FINALLY getting around to posting about it!). We were low-key as usual, and took the kids to a park to BBQ some fancy/gourmet hotdogs and eat watermelon. It's Levi's favorite. I also
madepurchased a CHOCOLATE SILK pie for a birthday cake from the local Hometown Foods. Because: I know my limits. Hostessing social functions stresses me out! He is now the big NUMERO 2!!
Nathan's reading is starting to take off and we have been spending some time at the library. The summer reading program here is GREAT. They are so excited when they get a chance to cash in their stickers charts (of recorded reading) for a prize from the "treasure chest" !
Last time we were there, my dad showed up and we were able to finish a puzzle. (This was a major achievement since there was a potty-training two-year-old that kept running out of the children's section into the lobby)
More on running: I just can't help it.
- I am thrilled to say that I am NOT thinking at ALL about marathons right now. In fact, I have decided to put in a 10 Week training cycle for a 10K, after I have completed the Butte to Butte. This is experimental, as I have never trained for a 10K specifically.
- I am saving that special sub-40 time goal race for a cooler season and a flatter course- (I really don't think it's in my reach yet), but want to see what I can throw out for my first shot at the Prefontaine Memorial 10K, in his hometown, Coos Bay.
- In the past I have avoided this race because it's a slower course, but this is the year- I just want to have FUN. Do you purposely avoid certain races?
I have been thinking a lot about my blessings right now. Sure seems like a lot of people my age are facing life-changing struggles. Several people from facebook have had cancer, another friend is 40+/- and trying to conceive. These things are so trying! My prayers are with these people, and I am grateful that no one in my immediate family is facing anything like that currently.
Galatians 6:2 Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.