Anna and Danny were both kind enough to tag me in their blog posts recently. Because I fell for the bait and read their posts (which really was pretty fun to do!) I am now required to answer the same questions and pass them on to some other folks. (If I don't, I have been told that my shoes will be taken away and so will my watch.)
Since I don't run barefoot and can't read the monitor on my TM, I better answer the darn tags. :)
Enjoy. I will try to be truthful. And I'll try not to sound like a real Nabob in answering these:
1. Most fond running accomplishment of 2010? This is a chance to brag about me.. ? eek :/
I am not sure it this is supposed to be a single moment or a culmination of events thing, but I'll go with both.
Finishing the Eugene Marathon was the best feeling moment.
- Just to be done running.
- Just to finish a marathon.
- Just to see all of my family there: Jon. Mom & Dad. My sister. My kids. Friends from church. My former high school students.
- Just to cross the line without falling apart.
- Just to make it through my first training program (and only scheduled program I have done to date, until this current one) without the wheels coming off. Without divorce or murder in our home (little joke there).
- Just to BQ on the first try (I didn't think I really could until my taper and the accompanying vomiting sickness left our house.
Getting a PR in every distance I did this year, except one. [The mile
2. What are 2011 running goals?
Sheesh. This is hard.
- I'd like, firstly, to run without injuring myself. Getting injured sucks.
- I would also hope to balance running with real life a bit better...
- But also run a sub 20 5K and closer to 40 in the 10K...Heck I want to PR in all the distances I raced this year! Is that asking too much?
I really enjoy most races... The EWEB race was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed meeting bloggy friends, Kim, Rhonda & Laurie ..But I also loved meeting JGF in real life before the Eugene Marathon. So much was put into that race that it has to be a tie.
4. Favorite holiday guilty pleasure.
Staying up late...but that's my guilty pleasure all year long.
So...gaining some weight since November by eating anything and everything (especially chocolate) so I could have some weight to burn during the next 4 months. I am storing up.
5. Most embarrassing running moment
This is a toss-up. It would have to be either showing up late (a minute before start) to the South Coast Half marathon and having to hide behind a blackberry bush to go to the bathroom before the race (while the RD talked to the 20 other racers about the course and the race's history). Everyone could hear me...
(blackberry bush is to the left, behind the yellow shirted man)
Or it could be running into a garbage can and another person during the EWEB Run to Stay Warm half-marathon.Or it could be when I wore my running skirt backwards...but that was just a workout and I am pretty sure nobody saw it =D
Either way, the world didn't end and I learned something :)
And now I am tagging:
Meghan at Laugh Run Play
Julie at Adventure is Out There
Abby at FitToRunForFun...(At the moment)
Please forgive me if you've already been tagged and I missed it! I can't wait to read yours :)